Cream cheese frosting is my all-time favorite frosting. I don’t like it masked with a lot of sugar. I like it to have just enough sugar and vanilla to bring out the natural tangy, creamy flavor of the cream cheese. This frosting holds it shape and melts in your mouth. It is big on flavor and low on the sugar (about 1-2 cups less sugar than other frosting I have seen out there).
Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
2 packs of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
2 cups sifted organic confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a flat-beater, mix softened butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Scrape sides of bowl and mix for 15 seconds.
- Add vanilla and mix for 15 seconds.
- While mixing, gradually add 1 cup of confectioners sugar. Mix until blended. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Continue mixing and gradually add 1 cup of confectioners sugar and mix until well blended (about 1-2 minutes).
- Set mixer on high for 30 seconds to fluff. Transfer to frosting bag and decorate.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
T-Time Saver: Straight from Philadelphia Cream Cheese-a quick way to soften cream cheese is to remove the wrapper, place on a microwave safe plate and set microwave on high for 10 seconds or until softened. Ready!
T-Time Saver: To soften butter quickly, cut butter into chunks, place in between wax paper and roll with a rolling-pin until softened. Sometimes I have my little helping hands rub the wrapped butter stick in their hands until softened.
T-Tip: If you don’t have a frosting bag with tips, transfer frosting into a gallon size ziplock bag, seal, then cut off the tip of one end of the bag and use it to pipe frosting on your favorite treats!