Before we were gluten-free, I used to bake a whole wheat version of these cupcakes using my adapted version of Hershey’s Chocolate Cake recipe. This version is my gluten-free take on an old favorite. These cupcakes are rich, moist, and dense with just enough sweetness from coconut sugar. It also has a dose of heart healthy oats. Top with my cream cheese frosting for a delightful treat. enJOY!
GF 1 Bowl Chocolatey Cupcakes
1 2/3 coconut sugar
2 cups Tisha’s All Purpose Flour Blend (see below) or blend of your choice
1 tsp guar gum or xanthan gum
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking power
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or light tasting oil)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with wrappers and spray wrappers with non-stick spray (I use Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil Spray).
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed for 15 seconds. Scape down sides and bottom of bowl and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low/stir speed and slowly pour in the boiling water. The batter will be thin.
- Give batter one last hand stir with a spatula to ensure the heavier batter at the bottom is fully incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop batter into muffin pans until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
Top with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
Tisha’s All Purpose Flour Blend
4 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups oat flour (I use rolled oats and blend them until it becomes a fine flour)
1 cups tapioca starch/flour
2 cups potato starch
T-Tip: Gluten-free baked goods dry out quickly. If you don’t plan to use them within 24 hours, store them in a ziplock bag and freeze them.
3 thoughts on “GF 1 Bowl Chocolatey Cupcakes”
Thank you! I can’t make enough of these… 😉 And they are easy to make too! enJOY!
Love this recipe, what a great recipe, they look so good…feeling hungry already…x