Before we were gluten-free, I used to bake a gluten version of these cookies when we had our charity bakery called “Heaven-Scent Manna” (HSM). They were a hit. So I decided to make a gluten-free version. We really enjoy these cookies. Their moist, delicate flavor chock full of cranberries and white chocolate keep you coming back for more. enJOY!
HSM Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
2 cups gluten-free or regular old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup Tisha’s GF Protein Flour Blend (see below) or a GF blend of choice
1/2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup melted butter (or use melted coconut oil, grapeseed oil)
1/4 cup non-hydrogenated shortening (I use Spectrum)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater (or you an use a hand mixer), combine flour, oats, xanthan/guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar.
- Add the oil, shortening, eggs, and vanilla to the bowl and mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes on medium speed. Stop and scrape down sides after 1 minute. The dough should be sticky and thick. If it is too sticky, add a Tbsp of GF flour.
- Add cranberries and white chocolate chips and mix on low/stir speed to combine. Scrape down the sides to combine.
- Using a cookie scooper or a tablespoon, drop rounded scoops of dough onto prepared sheets. Press down slightly to flatten dough.
- Bake on center rack in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are golden and beginning to firm.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring on to wire racks.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Tisha’s Gluten-Free Protein Flour Blend
1/3 cup Tisha’s GF All purpose flour blend
1/3 cup oat flour
1/3 cup almond flour (meal or blanched)
T-Tip: Gluten-free baked goods dry out quickly. If you don’t plan to use them within 24 hours, store them in a ziplock bag and freeze them.
2 thoughts on “HSM Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies”