Late First Stage/Hard Labor Cheat Sheet
For energy and hydration:
- NingXa Red – 1 Tbsp per hour for energy and antioxidants
- Raw honey – 1 tsp per hour for energy
- Coconut water for replenishment and hydration
- Use essential oils from previous stages including Relaxing Mama Massage Oil, Lavender essential oil, and Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend.
- Diffuse Lavender or a blend of Lavender and Ylang Ylang in labor room (fill diffuser with water and add 4 drops lavender and 4 drops Ylang Ylang or 8 drops Lavender)
- Apply 2-4 drops of lavender to wet cloth and inhale. Put cloth on forehead or back of neck.
To promote focus, strength, and confidence:
- Valor II or Valor
- Inhale directly from bottle
- Apply 4-6 drops in 4-6 drops of carrier oil and apply to wrists, chest, back of neck, and bottom of feet.
- WAIT 10 MINUTES BEFORE APPLYING ANOTHER OIL
- Apply on shoulders to calm
To calm emotions and ease discomfort:
- Add 1-2 drops to warm wet cloth and inhale deeply and exhale 5 times.
- Add warm cloth to forehead, back of neck, or shoulders
- You can also inhale directly from bottle or apply neat or diluted to back of neck, shoulders, arms, and bottom of feet.
- To ease discomfort: dilute 1:1 and apply to stomach and lower back
If labor halts or to encourage labor:
- Apply labor massage oil to stomach in a circular motion and inside ankles.
- Add to labor tub
- Dilute Clary Sage 4:1 (4 drops carrier oil, 1 drop Clary Sage) and apply to stomach, inside ankles.
- NOTE: Clary Sage is a hot oil so make sure you use it diluted.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We encourage everyone to do their own research before making informed decisions. Use any information from the content of this site soley at your own risk.