I love making homemade whipped cream. It is simple and delicious. After making homemade whipped cream for years, I decided to try something different. I discovered the many benefits of essential oils and I created a lemon whipped cream recipe using Young Living Lemon essential oil. The results? A pure lemon flavor that pops with every bite combined with the added health benefits of lemon essential oil (energizing, supports healthy circulation, and cleansing). My friends and family say they could eat this straight from the bowl. It tastes tastes wonderful when paired with fresh cut strawberries.
Lemon EO Whipped Cream
1 pint heavy cream (I use Trader Joe brand which only has one ingredient)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup organic powdered sugar
10 drops YL Lemon Vitality Essential Oil* (YL #2924389)
- In a chilled bowl pour heavy cream.
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix for 30 seconds at low speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom.
- Add lemon essential oil.
- Mix at medium speed, gradually increasing speed to high speed (speed 8 on Kitchen Aid).
- Mix until thickened and stiff peaks form (about 3-5 minutes). Watch closely because it only takes a seconds to go from whipped cream to butter 🙂
- Serve with fresh strawberries. enJOY!
T-Tip: Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer for at least 5 minutes before your start.
T-Tip: You can get creative with different Young Living essential oils in this recipe. Try Orange or Peppermint and combine with chocolate cake or pudding.
*Disclaimer: I use Young Living essential oils which are considered safe for consumption. Not all essential oils are pure and safe for consumption.