One of the things I miss since going gluten-free is being able to bake pasta without boiling it. Gluten-free pasta is pretty finicky. Too much cooking and it turns to mush. So I decided to try a no-boil bake. To my surprise, this pasta turned out fantastic! My family loved it so much there were no leftovers. This is a quick and easy one dish wonder. It is creamy, the pasta isn’t mushy, and the spinach, cheeses and tomato sauce merry well. This is perfect for a vegetarian dish. The lentil pasta provides a good source of protein. enJOY!
No Boil GF Creamy Lentil Pasta Bake
4 1/2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce (I make a meat based spaghetti sauce with onions and fresh garlic)
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 24 oz tub of cottage cheese (I use Daisy brand)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 16 oz block mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp dried parsley + more for sprinkling
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of water
1 12 oz package Green Lentil Rotini (I use Tolerant brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, dried parsley, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, add 2 cups of prepared sauce.
- Add the entire box of Lentil rotini.
- Pour 1 cup of water over the noodles.
- Sprinkle the chopped spinach over the noodles.
- Scoop the cottage cheese mixture over the spinach.
- Pour the remainder of prepared spaghetti sauce over the cottage cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bubbly.
T-Tip: This is a great recipe to prepare and freeze. Use one portion for now, and freeze a batch for later.
T-Time Saver: For a quick chop, use a food processor to chop the spinach. Pulse a few times and you are done!