Transition Cheat Sheet
For energy and hydration:
- NingXa Red – 1 Tbsp per hour for energy and antioxidants
- Raw honey – 1 tsp per hour for energy
- Coconut water for replenishment and hydration
- Use essential oils from previous stages including Relaxing Massage Oil, Lavender essential oil, and Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend.
- Diffuse Lavender or Gentle Baby in labor room (fill diffuser with water and add 8 drops lavender or Gentle Baby)
- Apply 2-4 drops of lavender to wet cloth and inhale. Put cloth on forehead or back of neck.
- Add to birthing tub
- Add a drop to pillow.
To promote focus, strength, and confidence:
- Valor II or Valor
- Inhale directly from bottle between every other contraction or as needed.
- Add a couple drops to a cloth and apply to shoulders to calm.
To calm emotions and ease discomfort:
- Inhale directly from bottle in between contractions or as needed.
- Add a couple drops to a cool cloth and inhale deeply.
- Apply cool cloth to forehead, back of neck, or shoulders
- To ease discomfort: dilute 1:1 and apply to stomach and lower back