I love tzatziki sauce! There is a Mediterranean restaurant in our town that we go to for special occasions. I order my meal and then a few extra sides of Tzatziki sauce. So I decided to have a special occasion at home by making a fresh, homemade tzatziki sauce. This sauce is made with English cucumbers and Greek yogurt with a healthy helping of fresh garlic for a nice zing. I love the cool, fresh taste of this sauce especially with falafel. enJOY!
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 English cucumber, grated
1-2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp dill
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Peel strips of the English cucumber skin so most of the cucumber is white with thin strips of green skin.
- Using a grater, grate the cucumber and place into a strainer. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze excess water out of the shredded cucumber.
- In a blender or food processor, add the shredded cucumber, vinegar, crushed garlic, dill, salt, and olive oil.
- Pulse about 10 times to combine.
- Add the Greek yogurt. Pulse 5-8 times until combined. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to one week.
T-Time Saver: While the cucumber is straining, prepare the rest of the ingredients and place in the blender/food processor. Then when the cucumbers are ready, add and pulse.