My husband and I loved going to P.F. Chang’s China Bistro when we lived in Michigan. One of our favorite appetizers was the chicken lettuce wraps. YUM! This recipe is one of our favorite Funnite recipes. It is easy to prepare, low carbs, and tasty!
GF Asian Lettuce Wraps
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
8 large lettuce leaves (I like romaine)
Sweet and Spicy sauce for topping (optional):
1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
1/2 tsp chili flakes (more if you like it spicy)
1 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- In a large wok or skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring until lightly browned and tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add ground turkey. Cook and break into pieces until no longer pink.
- Add cilantro, scallions, fish sauce, soy sauce, and chili flakes, and cook stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with meat mixture. Top with sweet and spicy sauce if desired.
T-Tip: This is a great recipe to double and keep for lunch or freeze for another meal.