After going gluten free, we worked on thinking “outside the box.” Instead of bread or simple carbohydrates, we replace the carbs with a healthier option. Sometimes we like to skip the taco shells and eat taco boats. They are fun and healthy and a great option for lunch. And paired with my Party Heart Taco Meat and Nacho Cheese Sauce it packs a nice punch. enJOY!
Tango Taco Boats
1 Party Hearty Taco Meat
1 B3 & Mom’s Nacho Cheese Sauce OR 16 oz block of cheese, shredded
2 heads of Romaine lettuce or other green leaf lettuce
1 container of Daisy sour cream OR plain Greek yogurt
1 container of all-natural refrigerated salsa
1 container of all-natural guacamole
1 jar all-natural jalapeños or 3 fresh jalapeños, sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Any other of your favorite taco toppings
- Prepare taco meat according to recipe.
- Prepare nacho sauce according to recipe or use shredded cheese.
- Pull apart lettuce. Wash, pat dry, and place on serving dish.
- Place all your taco toppings into serving dishes.
- Take one piece of lettuce and top with meat and other toppings. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Bring edges together and eat like a taco shell. enJOY!
T-Tip: Keep napkins handy. This dish is fresh and tasty but it can be messy!
T-Tip: Use this recipe as a fun, different option for a party or gathering.