I love starting out my day with an invigorating citrus shower with the added benefits of therapeutic essential oils. I tried Caldrea hand soaps and lotions years ago but after I discovered how to make my own soaps and lotions at a fraction of the cost with high quality essential oils, I was moving on to easy DYI projects!
This body wash is so easy to mix up. In minutes, you can have a moisturizing body wash that will tickle your senses. This body wash is made with simple ingredients that you can pronounce with no parabens, sulfates, or preservatives! I love how this body wash moisturizes my skin and leaves me feeling uplifted and energized. enJOY!
Lemongrass and Ginger Body Wash
1/2 cup castile soap
2 tsp almond oil
1 tsp vegetable glycerin
3 drops Vitamin E oil (optional)
10-12 drops Young Living Lemongrass essential oil
2-3 drops Young Living Ginger essential oil
8 oz dark glass container with soap pump
- Place a funnel into the glass soap pump.
- Pour all ingredients into a glass soap pump container. Cover and shake well to combine.
- Gently shake to combine before each use.
- Use 1-2 pumps on your shower puff, inhale, and enJOY!
About Lemongrass and Ginger
Lemongrass essential oil has an energizing scent. It can also be used for purification and digestion.
Ginger essential oil has a gentle, stimulating scent. It can be used to aid in digestion and help alleviate nausea, and makes a great sports rub!
Interested in making your own hand soaps and body wash? Here are some tips and recommendations:
- I save money by buying my castile soap in bulk. (I buy from Azure Standard)
- I purchase my almond oil and vegetable glycerin on Amazon.
- This is the type of Vitamin E oil I use. It is highly concentrated. A little goes a long way.
- I use Young Living Pure Therapeutic Essential Oils. Choose the retail option (ID# 2924389) to order the lemongrass and ginger essential oil.
- If you want to learn more about essential oils and why I choose Young Living essential oils visit my oily testimony and essential oils section.
- Have questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about essential oils, sign up for my FREE E-course: Achieving Abundant Heath with Essential Oils
5 thoughts on “DYI Lemongrass & Ginger Body Wash”
I cant wait to try this body wash. I love essential oils but haven’t tried my own recipes yet.
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is my all time favorite recipe! It is so invigorating and energizing. I have a video for this recipe: https://joyfullinspirations.com/2016/08/14/diy-body-wash-in-3-minutes/
I have so many recipes but not enough time to type them up 🙂 YL essential oils have changed my life and my family’s life. We LOVE them! Thank you so much for visiting my site. I hope you enjoy making your own recipes. Blessings!
Thank you so much for sharing this! I can’t wait to make this when I get all the ingredients. I have half of them already!
Sweet!!! I hope you enjoy it. Lemongrass and ginger have so many benefits (even though I initially got them to make body wash and lotion). My hubby really likes this body wash too. Bonus points 😉 Blessings.